Thursday, January 14, 2016

Wish List: India

Strangely enough, I have not read some noted Indian authors, or books on India. Why this is so, I do not know. Perhaps the Rock'n'Roll is very strong in me, but every now and then I hear the call of the Sitar and Tabla.

On that note, I am amazed as to why I have not fully watched "Slumdog Millionaire", and "The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel", among others. I have not really enjoyed a "Bollywood" movie in a long time, since the 3 Idiots.

So here's to wishing. Wishing to watch more Indian movies this year, maybe a trip to India? Oh Sigh, visas! Other than that, I also wish to read more Indian authors such as Malgudi days, Jhumpa Lahiri, Salman Rushdie, etc. I have had some Jhumpa, Narayan, etc. books for ages, and regrettably have not touched them in many years.

This year I will dust the covers, and explore those pages.


No comments:

Post a Comment