Sunday, November 29, 2015

Introduction

I have recently amassed a good amount of books, and I thoroughly enjoy reading as much as I do writing. I here by want to share my thoughts on books as I have slowly digested them with all of you. I will re-read some of my favorites as well.

I really hope to start discussions on these books too. We'll see what we can do. I long to have a book club, but as our lives are so busy these days how many of us have time to read books and meet up and chat? It still is something I wish to do.

This is the where I got the idea of rating the books at this blog site. I hope to go over my rating eventually, and how I do so. I will rate them out of 10 points. 10/10 being the best, and 1/10 being utter rubbish.

Aspects/ criteria of the book I will rate:
Plot - flow, is it good, loop holes, and other cracks. Is it sealed tight?
Entertainment value - even if it did suck over all did I have fun reading it?
Character - this will cover character development, and how realistic and likable or unlikable they are Writing style -  this will includes vocab, use of language, etc.
Thought provoking - did it get me thinking or researching into other things?
Overall would I recommend it?

My taste in books, movies, and TV shows vary widely. In fact I will go as far to say I do have an eclectic taste in all of the above including music. This blog is about travelling the world from your sofa. So mostly I will cover books, however I will through the occasional movie or T.V. show in. These maybe the not so popular movies and shows, cause it takes to make an impact.

A little bit about me: I'm an adjunct professor at a community college. I also am on the committee that selects and arranges the colleges "common read" program. I get to read a lot of interesting books. Yay! Let's get on with it then.

No comments:

Post a Comment